pandas are a girl's best friend.
5.12.2008
  hi!
i have a new role at work, but before i tell you what my new title is, make sure you're sitting down. don't say i didn't warn you.

as of march 1st, i became a geographic business development manager.

alright!@?$!

so the title is a lot more interesting and cooler than what i actually do. i'm not really a manager. i don't have people under me (hehe). my job is to maintain a good relationship with the sales engineers who sell my division's products (function generators, power supplies, dmms, counters and switches) and make sure they have all the tools and support to do a good job.

they put me in charge of the americas for the first 6 months to a year. then after that, i assume my regular role which is to support our global sales force, with an emphasis on the americas, europe and japan.

the best part about the job is that i get to travel a lot more. while it's all in the us for the first part of the assignment, it still puts me on a plane. and a marlo on a plane is a happy marlo... without snakes of course.

i'm a little scared of the task they're giving me. i have to grow the business in the americas by 8%. that's a lot to ask for with the economy and companies watching their budgets nowadays. meh, i figure if i fail and get fired, it's a great excuse to go to architecture school. :)

speaking of architecture school, i ended up turning down the ny/paris architecture program at columbia. i couldn't work it into my schedule while still going to work. oh, and my hip hop class is too important to me... ha ha ha.

i think i want to replace my "be an architect" goal with "star in a hip hop video". double alright!?@#!%!

OH. and russell says, "hi!" too.

 
Comments:
Can I be your intern? :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

1200 characters is not enough to describe someone.

what you've missed:
January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / May 2008 /

things i'm obsessed with:
PEEPS --
bald.
brandogg.
breeb.
ex-marlo.
fro-bob.
gergely's.
jesss.
kochy.
kylee.
lil steve.
mindogg.
ritarrr.
THE SCOOP --
craigslist.
gothamist.
katherine&davis.
ninjaslice.
ohmyrockness.
pandas.
quals.
Powered by Blogger